Phoenix Launcher v0.9.7.12
Requirements: Android 2.3+
Overview: Get some ice cream sandwich on your Gingerbread enabled device
Phoenix Launcher is your choice in home screen replacements
if you want some look and feel of the new Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
running your device under the Gingerbread firmware or even Android 4.
- Choice between 3,5,7 or 9 workspaces
- Set your favorite workspace as default
- Enable/Disable wallpaper scroll
- Choice between 2 hardware home key actions (workspace overview and "snap to default workspace")
- Show or hide the workspace indicator
- Enable or disable icon text backgrounds
- ability to change dockbar style up to 9 different styles
- Included Android 4 wallpapers
- very smooth scrolling
- Enabled for LDPI, MDPI and HDPI devices
THIS APPLICATION IS INTEND TO BE USED ON A ROOTED DEVICE.
If you have downloaded this application, open a root file explorer or the ADB shell
and move the app to /system/app BEFORE you start the launcher the first time! Otherwise
you cant use widgets shown in the Application drawer. Its required because of a general
permission in the Android operating system, this can never be fixed by me!
Make sure, your system partition is mounted in read/write mode when moving the app!
USING THE LAUNCHER ON NON ROOTED DEVICES
If you want to use the launcher on a non rooted device, you only can add widgets to
a workspace through the standard Android widget picker dialog. You cant add widgets
through the tab "WIDGETS" in the app drawer.
If you get Force Close errors the first time you start the launcher, try to set the
permission for /data/dalvik-cache to 777, this fixes the first time start error.
What's coming up in the next releases?
- support for X-HDPI and tablet devices
- support for landscape mode
- workspace and app drawer transitions
- theming through installed applications instead static themes
What's in this version:
[x] Fixed: Removing elements in another workspace does FC the launcher app
[x] Fixed: force close when click on opened folders text to edit (ICS only)
[x] Fixed: force close when swiping the widgets view in app drawer if widgets cant be used
[x] Fixed: cancelLongPress isnt triggered on workspaces elements when swiping through pages
[x] Fixed: Apps icon in dockbar looks distored on HDPI devices
[x] Fixed: dont scroll the information view when no widgets can be selected
[x] Fixed: Scrollable widgets triggers a drag & drop event when smart scrolling, as a result the launcher is freezing
[x] Fixed: According to the Android GUI guidelines, app drawer should show the menu in actionbar when the hardware menu key was pressed
[x] Added: Transition in app drawer as in original stock ICS launcher app
[x] Changed: Workspace cell suggestions now have the "Holo" outline effect when dragging